Special Event Permit

Any event on City-owned or City-controlled property and rights of way, or temporary events where a large number of people will congregate requires a Special Event Permit (SEP).

Permits are issued on a first come, first served basis. A Special Event Permit is required prior to conducting, and/or advertisnig a community event in the City. This includes festivals, races, fairs, farmers markets, flea markets, weddings, parades, rallies or other such temporary events. 

Applications will be accepted no earlier than 364 days prior to and no later than 60 days prior to the special event. All events must be conducted in accordance with the laws, ordinances, resolutions, rules and regulations of the City and other governmental authorities having jurisdiction. The applicant will be responsible for filing separately for county, state and federal permits, if necessary.

All Special Event Permit applications must be completed and turned in with all necessary attachments and fees to the Community Services Department at Hart Pak House Senior Center, 222 West Sierra Madre Blvd. Sierra Madre CA 91024.

Questions? Please call (626) 355-5278 or email the Community Services Department.

For a list of current approved Special Event Permits, click here.